Spring is a glorious time to make and create an ABUNDANCE bowl with fresh seasonal vegetables. The combination of sautéed, roasted, and raw veggies makes for a really interesting, flavorful, and crunchy dish. By Chef Shane Witters Hicks
½ medium Organic cauliflower, riced (see method)
5-10 Organic Brussels Sprouts, quartered
5 Organic Asparagus springs, stemmed and quartered
5 Organic Mushrooms (cremini or white), thinly sliced
1 Organic Corn on the cob (or about 1/3 bag frozen corn, thawed)
½ cup Frozen Edamame, shelled
2 Organic medium beets (red or golden), thinly sliced
2 Organic green tomatoes, diced (ok to substitute red tomatoes if you can’t find green)
1. Make cauliflower rice by grating raw chunks of cauliflower in a food processor using grater attachment.
2. Sauté cauliflower rice in 1 tbsp olive oil until tender and lightly browned.
3. Peel and boil corn for 10 minutes, or until kernels are tender, and shave kernels from the cob (or, if using frozen corn, measure out 1/3 bag and microwave until thawed).
4. Slice beets thinly and toss in 1 tbsp coconut oil and a dash of sea salt.
5. Place corn and all other vegetables, except for green tomatoes, on baking sheets and roast at 425 F for 15-25 minutes, until the desired level of crispiness is achieved.
6. Serve roasted veggies on top of cauliflower rice along with chopped tomato. Drizzle with dill-tahini dressing.
Dill-Tahini Dressing Ingredients
Tahini, 2 tbsp
Fresh Chopped Dill, 2 tsp
Fresh Lime Juice, 2 tbsp
Sea salt, 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp
1. Whisk all ingredients together until well-combined. Add 1-3 tbsp water to thin, as desired.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.