This is an easy to make soup that will taste like you were cooking all day. There is plenty of room to customize this dish to your taste, maybe sub tofu as your protein or add wakami. The possibilities are endless.
- 32oz chicken stock
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Scallion, Just the green part sliced
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin
- ¼ tsp Sesame oil
- 1-2 cups of your favorite veggies (We used brocolini, snap peas, and red pepper)
- 1 Egg optional
- 1 package of Asian style noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- Combine stock, garlic, ginger, soy, mirin, and sesame oil in a large saucepan and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, add veggies and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Prepare noodles as directed on the package in a separate pot and drain.
- Prepare the chicken to your liking and shred or dice. Tip: pick up a rotisserie chicken at Alfalfa’s on Thursday for only $7
- Remove the garlic and ginger from the broth. Optional for a thicker creamier broth whisk the egg and slowly add to broth while stirring.
- Place equal amounts of noodles chicken and scallions into each bowl, add broth and enjoy hot.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.