An Organic Month recipe brought to you by Chef Michele Dubis from:
• 2 teaspoons organic vegetable oil
• 1 cup diced organic yellow onion
• 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
• ½ cup prepared organic ketchup
• ¼ cup organic chipotles in Adobo sauce
• ¼ cup organic Worcestershire sauce
• 3 tablespoons organic brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
• ½ teaspoons organic Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoons kosher salt
In a large, heavy saucepan heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and cook one minute.
Add the ketchup and chipotles with adobo sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
As the sauce thickens, stir more often so it does not scorch. Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool.
Place the sauce in a blender, or food processor, and puree.
• 5 tablespoons of Kosher Salt
• ½ cup granulated organic sugar
• 2 pounds organic chicken thighs and wings
• Organic ground black pepper to taste
Dissolve salt and sugar in approximately 1 quart water. Pour water and chicken into a large zip lock back and press out as much air as possible from bag and seal; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and rinse well under running water, pat dry thoroughly with paper towels and season with cracked pepper.
Turn the grill onto high heat, let heat up for approximately 15 minutes. Adjust one burner to medium and grill chicken until chicken skin turns brown and fat has rendered. This process can take approximately 15 minutes. Then use tongs and move chicken over a burner that is still set on high and rotate constantly to prevent over charring or burning. The chicken should look dark brown and have crispy skin. Approximately 5 to 7 minute more. Transfer to serving platter and baste chicken with BBQ Sauce.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.