Ode to mac & cheese. A beloved superfood, pantry staple to young and old, and possibly mankind’s greatest achievement. Try this dairy free spin on the old classic all the wonderful cheesey goodness without the cheese!
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Brown Rice Penne
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cups Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Scoop Unflavored Collagen Protein
- 1/4 Cups Coconut Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add in penne and boil until cooked.
- On the side, heat olive oil in a pan or cast iron skillet and add chopped onion.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Add cashews and remaining ingredients into blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Drain noodles and combine in a pan with spinach, salt and pepper, and cashew cheese sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium.
- Add additional hot water for creamy consistency.
- Serve in a pasta bowl and enjoy!
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.