This is a wonderfully simple preparation that results in sweet caramelized brussels sprouts that will make a perfect accompaniment to just about any dish.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to coat bottom of pan
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fig balsamic vinegar (available in Alfalfa’s bulk oil selection)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Trim brussels sprouts, and slice each in half top to bottom. Heat oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers; put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan. Put in garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Roast, shaking pan every few minutes, until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Stir in fig balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.