Some of the best flavors can come from a handful of simply prepared ingredients. Alfalfa’s cilantro lime shrimp is a perfect example, and it only takes a few minutes to make. This preparation can be used many different ways, over rice, on a big beautiful salad, or simply by itself as shown here… How about shrimp tacos? Shredded cabbage with some mayo, lime, and a touch of garlic served on a warm tortilla. Yummy!
There is no limit to what this easy to prepare protein can do.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp undisturbed on one side for about 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic the garlic to the pan.
- Continue to sauté for another minute or two until shrimp is cooked and opaque, be careful not to overcook.
- Remove from heat.
- Squeeze the lime over shrimp and toss with cilantro.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.