- 3 cups of basil, stems and all, or any other green like parsley or arugula
- 1/2 cup hemp seed (or any other nut)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Combine everything except olive oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
- Grind these ingredients together to a desired consistency and then add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm or chilled, try adding 1/2 cup of parmesan and add it to your favorite pasta!
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.