Pueblo vs Hatch chiles are a heated debate, we figure they are both amazing. What could possibly make chile season even better? This recipe for Chile Queso Burgers!
For the Burger
- 1lb Ground beef
- 2 tbsp Roasted, peeled, and chopped Pueblo Chiles
- 1/4 Cup sweet onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp each Salt & pepper
- 4 Buns (we like brioche)
- Burger toppings (your call)
For the Queso
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 12oz Chihuahua Cheese or grated Monterey Jack
- 1/4 Cup Cojito Cheese or Parmesan
For the Queso
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Add the milk and turn up the heat, keep whisking until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes)
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheese, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Keep it warm until the burgers are ready.
For the Burgers
- Combine beef, chiles, onions, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Just incorporate the ingredients, don’t over mix.
- Make 4 patties and cook them using your favorite method.
For the WIN!
- Toast your buns with butter, and lightly dress your greens in Italian vinaigrette.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.