Recipe from Julia Hellerman of Julia’s Kitchen.
- 1 cup raw almonds, sprouted and dried
- 2-3 cups filtered water, or as needed for consistency
- 1-2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2-4 medjool dates, pitted
- pinch sea salt
1. Soak almonds for 8 hours in salted water.
2. Drain and rinse almonds.
3. Put almonds, 2 cups water, chia seeds, dates, and sea salt in blender or Vitamix and process on high in until very smooth.
4. Add water for desired consistency (it will thicken as it sits).
5. Taste and adjust seasonings.
6. If you prefer a smoother milk, strain milk through a nut milk bag. Remaining pulp can be frozen for use in baked goods, raw treats, etc.
Can add fresh ginger with the water or other spices and flavors such as cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, fennel, etc. depending on use…
Can use any nut; some are naturally sweeter, so adjust date amount accordingly.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.