The New Orleans Classic!
- 3 ounces Bulleit Rye Whiskey
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- Peychaud bitters to taste
- Trinity Absinthe (for the rinse)
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Chill an old-fashioned glass by filling it with ice and letting it sit while preparing the rest of the drink.
- In a separate mixing glass, muddle the simple syrup and Peychaud bitters together.
- Add the rye whiskey and ice to the bitters mixture and stir.
- Discard the ice in the chilled glass and rinse it with absinthe by pouring a small amount into the glass, swirling it around and discarding the liquid.
- Strain the whiskey mixture from the mixing glass into the old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist. Traditionalists will say that the lemon twist should be squeezed over the drink to release it’s essences but that the twist should not be dropped into the glass itself.
*** We love to provide healthy, savory, happy recipes but remember we are not your doctor. Please follow the advice of your health-care provider about your diet and overall wellness and review labels for additional information on nutritional content.