Looking for a new treat to enjoy that’s tastes as good as it is good for you?
Try a gut-friendly mocktail! We know what’s on our plate is important for our gut health, but so to are the drinks in our glasses. These three mocktails are easy to make, delicious, and alcohol-free so they’re a fun option for the whole family to enjoy!
Pomegranate Ginger Mocktail
Recipe & Image from Champagne Nutrition
(Fun fact: It’s been said that pomegranate can reduce inflammation in the gut, making it a great ingredient in a gut-healthy diet!)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 cups sparkling water plain
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger root
- 1/2 pomegranate seeded for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a shaker over ice, shake hard for 30 seconds and then serve ‘up’ in a martini glass. Garnish with pomegranate arils if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 6 drinks | Serving Size: 5 oz.
Recipe & Image from Lively Table
(Fun fact: This recipe can be made as a mocktail or cocktail!)
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger-flavored kombucha (Lively Table used Holy Kombucha’s Green Apple Ginger flavor)
- For garnish: lime wedge, mint sprig, and/or slice of granny smith apple
- *If making a cocktail version: 2 ounces vodka (Lively Table suggests Tito’s)
- Fill a mule mug with crushed ice.
- Add vodka (if using) and lime juice. Top with kombucha and stir with a long cocktail spoon.
- Garnish with lime wedge, mint, and/or a slice of granny smith apple.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Yield: 1 drink
Lavender Spa Lemonade
Recipe from Ariane Resnick
(Fun fact: Ariane notes a few of lavender’s benefits: “stomach soothing, nerve calming, and bloat reduction.” This drink can be made as a mocktail or cocktail.)
- ¾ ounce lavender syrup
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cucumber slice and 1 sprig lavender, for garnish
- *If making a cocktail version: 2 ounces American/New Western Gin
- Shake all the ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- To garnish, place the cucumber slice on the rim and the lavender sprig in the glass.