To our Alfalfa’s Community:
Since 1979, we have been committed to the health and wellbeing of our customers, the community, and our employees. Our mission remains strong – to provide the highest-quality local, natural and organic food throughout Colorado.
As we monitor the latest reports on COVID-19, we have implemented protocols to protect the health and safety of our Alfalfa’s community including those set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Our 150+ employees are taking the following steps to provide a heightened level of public safety while you shop at our Alfalfa’s Market locations:
- Additional hand sanitizers and wipes will be placed throughout the store
- Our staff will increase the cleaning and sanitizing of high touch common areas every two hours
- We will work closely with our foodservice teams to ensure they are following all new protocols set by the health department
- We are collaborating with vendors to ensure health and safety is a top priority – therefore we will be discontinuing our vendor sample program until further notice
- If you are sick and/or have cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and take care of yourself.
- We are suspending large community meetings and business travel by Alfalfa’s corporate staff in March.
We have an on-line ordering service, and we provide home grocery delivery. Please visit https://www.alfalfas.com/special-services/delivery/. Our updated delivery menu will be active the week of March 16 – look for us on DoorDash and HungryBuffs.
Please be aware of your surroundings while following safeguards recommended by health and disease control experts.
We are grateful to have served our community for the past 41 years. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Mark Homlish, President
We wanted to let you know that Alfalfa’s is following and will continue to follow guidance put out by the Boulder County Health Department, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) as it relates to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Our top priority is ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. Alfalfa’s leadership is discussing additional steps we can take to accomplish this.
Important information on coronavirus and preventative measures can be found at these health and disease control websites:
As always, we encourage anyone who is feeling ill to stay home. We also ask that you practice cough and sneeze etiquette https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html; proper hand hygiene https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/materials.html; and routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces such as workstations, countertops, door/drawer knobs, and tools/equipment. These practices are always advisable.
In sharing this with you today, our intention is to provide factual information about coronavirus and tips on reducing the spread of disease. We will continue to update you as we know more about the potential progression and action we intend to take at Alfalfa’s. As a community, we must work together for the safety and well-being of all of us, our customers, vendors and others we interact with in the course of our daily business.