|Title: Manager On Duty (MOD)||Reports To: Store Leadership|
|Classification: Exempt||Pay Grade: 6|
|Group: Operations||Approval Date: October 23, 2014|
|Salary Range: $31,564.00 – $47,346.00||Apply By: Friday, August 21, 2015|
This position is an extension of store leadership with the intention to grow into store leadership within a two year period. You will provide overall management and supervision of the Store. Lead, mentor, and develop managers to achieve and surpass all store and department goals. Will have some responsibility for profitability, expense control, merchandising, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Complete accountability for all aspects of the stores operations. Assumes total responsibility for the store when here.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Manager and Employee Development
- Consistently communicate and model Alfalfa’s vision and goals.
- Responsible for the day –to – day operations of the store and its appearance.
- Responsible for reaching targeted sales, margin, labor goals and net income levels.
- Interview, select, train, develop, and counsel employee’s in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team, and minimizes turnover. Make hiring and termination decisions with guidance of VP of Operations.
- Ensure that all employees are following the Alfalfa’s training programs. Includes monitoring progress, and processing all required paperwork.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which sustains an exceptionally high level of employee morale.
- Select and develop managers as potential Store Directors.
- Provide timely, thorough, and thoughtful Job Dialogues.
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards.
- Review manager evaluations and discipline procedures consistently
- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve targeted gross profit margin with managers.
- Project annual sales and expenses, and assist in preparing annual operating budget.
- Achieve budgeted expense levels.
- Maintain exceptional level of customer service.
- Achieve labor every fiscal period per budget
- Maintain awareness of new products, and regularly incorporate new products into overall product mix by following company policy.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Establish creative and competitive weekly and monthly “specials” which support established merchandising and marketing themes in coordination with purchasing.
- Continually increase the product knowledge level of you and your managers using all available resources.
- Sustain exceptional level of knowledge/awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends. Conduct monthly walks of other stores.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with managers, directors, VP’s, owners, and all employees.
- Model and cultivate effective inter-department and inter-store communication, including conducting effective manager and store meetings.
- Provide accurate, complete information in daily, weekly, monthly, annual and management reports.
- Thorough and complete documentation in support of manager and employee discipline and counseling activities.
- Keep records of all Health Department, Organic Inspections, and HAACP reports for 5 year.
Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules and standards, including:
- OSHA Department of Labor
- Health and Sanitation FDA
- Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Maintain a safe and sanitary store. Correct and report all life safety and fire hazards to VP of Operations. Comply with all occupational safety and health regulations. Report all accidents and injuries to VP of Operations immediately.
- The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team.
- Store Leadership working on floor driving outcomes as MOD’s- minimum 4 shifts a week 80/20 rule, 80% on floor 20% office
- Leadership should take 2 full days off a week –one during the week and one weekend day (weekend days are Friday , Saturday, Sunday)
- At least one close and one mid a week (a mid-shift ends at 7pm)
- You are expected (and required) to perform the duties outlined herein. Failure to meet company standards will result in disciplinary action.