Did you know that broccolini🥦 is great for your gut, skin, immunity, AND liver?! It contains high fiber content, is rich in beta-carotene (which the body converts into vitamin A), and contains vitamin C! This quick and easy recipe makes is easy to get all the goodness broccolini has to offer.
- 1 pound casarecce or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound broccolini, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the broccolini and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the pasta and then combine it with the sauce, tossing well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts and basil.