In wintertime, we relish those tart notes of the citrus that comes into season! Indulge in those great flavors as either a side to a fabulous meal or a wholesome stand-alone dish with this Detox Citrus Salad. This recipe is truly a feast for the senses with creamy avocado, crunchy onions and walnuts and juicy citrus. Soak in the detoxifying powers of not only the fruit but also the apple cider vinegar in the dressing and enjoy this refreshing winter salad.
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Serves 2
- 1 small red leaf or bib lettuce
- 3 mandarin oranges peeled and segmented (or small citrus of your choice)
- 1 red grapefruit peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 small onion julienned
- 1/3 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Tear lettuce and arrange on serving plates along with avocado, oranges and grapefruit.
- Sprinkle with red onion and chopped walnuts.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. Serve promptly.