Guacamole should be its own food group. The perfect blend of taste and textures. Don’t stop with just chips, this be all condiment is great on burgers, tacos, and of course the much talked about, avocado toast. This recipe makes a large batch but you can cut it down for smaller portions.
Got leftovers? Here is a great tip on how you can preserve leftover guacamole without it turning brown. Use a spoon to pack the leftover guac tightly into the container of your choice. Add enough cold water to completely cover the guac and store the container in the refrigerator. The water will prevent air from oxidizing the guacamole and oil in the avocado will prevent it from mixing with the water. When you are ready to eat simply pour the water out and give the guac a quick stir.
Don’t be shy, pass the guac!
Vegetarian • Serves 6 • Ready in 10 Minutes
- 5 large ripe avocados
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove the pits, and scoop avocados into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork to the consistency you like.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the lime juice
- Stir until well blended.
- Slice the lime and squeeze. Add the lime juice slowly tasting and mixing as you go.
- Adjust lime and add salt as needed.