- 16oz Hemp Way Foods plant-based hemp burger crumbles, thawed
- 1 box Pastry puff shells (2 per box), thawed
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 small diced yellow squash
- 1 small diced green zucchini
- 1 cup diced oyster mushrooms
- 1/8th cup oil or vegan butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 16oz cream of mushroom soup
Seasonings for the toasted crumbles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme finely diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh sage finely diced
- The night before, toast & season all hemp burger crumbles to optimize flavor. Sauté with 1 tbsp oil in pre-heated skillet on medium heat until desired crispiness, approximately 16-20 minutes. Add fennel, coriander, rosemary, sage, and thyme halfway through. Refrigerate overnight.
- On day of recipe preparation, sauté with 1 Tbsp oil the onions, squash, zucchini, oyster mushrooms, and garlic in large pre-heated skillet until onions are glossy. Place in large bowl and mix well with toasted hemp burger crumbles
- Combine crumbles mixture with one cup Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Wellington Assembly: Unwrap and place both Puff Pastry sheets onto a sheet pan. Place 1 3/4th cups of the crumble’s mixture in the center of each pastry sheet. Fold corners over the filling to meet in the middle. Use a fork or fingers to seal dough together.
- Brush the completed Wellington with oil or vegan butter before placing in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Optional: Heat remaining Cream of Mushroom Soup to use as a sauce on top of finished Wellington.