- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup Lundberg Organic Wild Blend
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice, and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and starting to burst, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat (with lid on!) and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork. Drain any excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until browned and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop pecans.
- Add toasted pecans, cranberries, and parsley to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.