Alfalfa’s Market Job Posting
Position: Cheese & Specialty Customer Service Reports to: Cheese and Specialty Manager
Classification: Non-exempt Pay Grade: 3
Salary Range: $9.46 – $14.19/hr Apply By: Friday, January 31, 2014
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain appealing displays through proper signage, rotation and by discarding expired product.
- Acknowledge, greet, and provide exemplary service to every customer.
- Accept and offer feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Cut, wrap, price, and stock cheese and specialty items when appropriate.
- Prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized shopping and work area that complies with applicable state health and safety codes.
- Maintain organized over stock.
- Ensure all special orders and requests are communicated to Manager in a timely manner
- Take initiative to identify, report and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Maintain equipment in a sanitary manner.
- Answer all Cheese & Specialty pages in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for natural and organic cheese and specialty products.
- Merchandising and sampling practices that excite customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service consistently.
- Lifting, bending, and stooping constitute a major part of your daily activities.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Working in coolers with temperatures less than 40 degrees.
- Unassisted lifting of objects in excess of 40 pounds.
- Use of slicers, box cutters, knives, and ability to operate cardboard baler.
- Physical and mental dexterity to work all duties of the job.
- Schedule flexibility, to include evening and weekend work.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so described.